Ultimate producer of type, movement and ridability
- Winner of Intermediare I with 77%
- Winner of CDI Prix St. Georges in Le Mans with 72,794%
- Sire to Mare of the Year 2018 in Danish Warmblood
- Sire to 14 approved sons, and among those are several premium stallions
- The daughter Fascination was sold for €110.000 as the bestseller of the Oldenburg Special Edition Auktion
- The approved sons, Federer and For Real, were sold for €110.000 and €250.000 at the Hannoverian and Westfalen auctions
- 1. rate500.00 € ex. vat
- 2. rate850.00 € ex. vat
- Farrell was purchased as a premium stallion at the Hannoveraner Verband’s 2013 licensing and was subsequently approved as a premium stallion for Danish Warmbloods in 2014. Unfortunately, he broke a leg after that breeding season and was thus prevented from passing the 35-day test, which meant he could not get his approval renewed for 2015. He successfully recovered and returned as a 4-year-old to pass the 35-day test in autumn 2015 with 856.5 points, including 9 for trot and 9.5 in rideability.
- As a 6-year-old, Farrell achieved a stellar 90.4 in qualifying for the DRF’s dressage championship with Allan Grøn in the saddle. Since then, Nanna Skodborg Merrald has taken over the reins and she is very happy to have Farrell on her team:
– He is really good in the head, very straightforward and extremely sweet and gentle. He is a very quick learner and does not stress over new exercises.
- Nanna and Farrell made their international show debut at the World Cup Vilhelmsborg 2020, taking top placings in Prix St. Georges and Intermediare I. It turned out with an impressive placing as nr. 3 with 74,5%. A few weeks before this, the pair won Intermediare I with 77% at CDN Solrød
- Sports manager Ulrik Gerstorf Sørensen is thrilled to have a horse like Farrell in his stable. He praises the stallion for his great rideability and charisma:
– We believe in him. We have taken it easy with Farrell, but now he is ready.
Groom Ellen says: Farrell likes people to look at him. He loves to show off, and therefore he is very happy to be cheered on. In fact, he is very little stallion, so there is not so much nonsense with him. He is very easy going, quiet and calm
Farrell and Nanna S. Merrald in CDI3* Prix Sct. Georges at World Cup Vilhelmsborg
Farrell and Nanna S. Merrald at the Blue Hors CDI3* Dressage Festival 2019
Blue Hors Online Open House, April 2021
Blue Hors Online Open House, April 2021
- His sire Fürstenball has made a significant breeding career and stamps his offspring clearly with beautiful type and character. Dam sire Dacaprio is known to pass on very handsome and rideable dressage horses. Dacaprio’s daughter FBW Dejavu, ridden by German Nadine Plaster, won the German Bundes Championship for 4-year-olds in 2004 and claimed bronze at the FEI/WBFSH World Young Horse Championships in Verden in 2005 and came 4th in 2006. Wolkenstein II is one of the best Weltmeyer-sons of all times and has sired more than 40 licensed sons and over 70 state premium mares. Wolkenstein II, won the German Bundes Championship in 1993.
- Farrell’s damline also produced the licensed stallions Wandervogel, Derano and our former stallion Blue Hors Future Cup. Furthermore, Scara Boa, the World Champion of the 5-year-old dressage horses in 2013 and the international dressage horses Winyamaro and Tric Trac also originate from the same damline.
- Blue Hors Farrell stamps his offspring with lots of expression, a correct conformation in a modern type, spacious gaits with suppleness and rhythm, and in particular excellent temperament and great rideability.
– Perhaps the gold medal mare Grevens Fakina is in fact a good indication of which mares he works well with; eg. Dutch blood with speed and fire, says breeding manager Martin Klavsen.
- As the king of dressage horse breeding, Donnerhall, can be found three times in Farrell’s pedigree, Farrell is considered a good match for mares of other lines, such as those of Dutch descent. Several of his best offspring are out of mares by Blue Hors Zack and Blue Hors Don Olymbrio.
– Farrell har proven himself by passing on his type and ridability to his offspring – his first crop proved it already back then by being of an excellent quality, says Martin Klavsen
Blue Hors Feinstar
Farrell - Bon A'Parte - Landsieger I
Breeder: Lars Wenke
Premium Stallion in Oldenburger Verband
Farrell - Wynton
Breeder: Stutteri G v/Helene Geervliet
Premium mare in HANN.
Selected for Herwart von der Decken Schau in Verden, where she was ranked in the top half of her group
Farrell - Jazz
Breeder: Paardencentrum De Dalhoeve, Holland
Approved stallion in KWPN
Farrell - Jazz - Gribaldi.
Breeder: Stutteri Greven v/ Dorit Greve
'Mare of the Year' at DWB Eliteshow 2018
Blue Hors Farrell - Donnerhall - Pik Bube
Owner: Blue Hors
Blue Hors Farrell - His Highness
Breeder: Mette Knoblauch & Carl Olsen
Finalist at DWB Young Horse Championships 2020
Fall In Love
Blue Hors Farrell - San Amour
Silver at the 4-year-old's championships in Ermelo 2022
- Due to the broken leg, there are two years between Farrell’s first and second foal crops, and thus he has no offspring born in 2016. Farrell came through strongly in type and movement during his first foal year in 2015, and the oldest offspring now demonstrate strong rideability. In the autumn of 2017, Farrell’s first crop of five sons appeared for stallion licensing by the Hanoverian, Oldenburg and Westphalian federations, and all passed. A son from the first year’s crop was also licensed in Danish Warmblood. His success continues with the second crop, with the first son being licensed by the Hanoverian Verband.
- Farrell also had five 2-year-old mares selected for the final at the Danish Warmblood’s Elite Show in Vilhelmsborg, where all five mares appeared incredibly consistent in type and caught the attention of all.
- In 2018, Farrell showed that he produces offspring that will shape the future in both sports and breeding. At Blue Hors Dressage Championship, 6 of the 8 finalists were by Farrell, with Farrell offspring subsequently taking both 1st and 2nd place.
- This success was topped with the formidable mare Grevens Fakina, who was awarded the breeder’s medal in gold and was named Mare of the Year 2018 at the Danish Warmblood’s Elite Show, where three more Farrell daughters were also awarded breeder’s medals.
– In his first breeding season Farrell has made a big impact with type and rideability of sensational quality, says breeding manager Martin Klavsen.
Farrell - Blue Hors Zack - Michellino
Breeder: Stutteri Eg v/ Bonde & Fugmann
Approved stallion in Westfalen
Farrell - Don Juan de Hus
Breeder: Bernd Huslage
Sold for 110.000 € at Oldenburger Special Edition Auktion 2020
Fürst Adrian (Fabius)
Farrell - Diamond Hit - Campari M
Breeder: Otto Espelage, Vechta
Approved stallion in Oldenburg
Farrell - Livaldon - Canstakko
Breeder: Wienke Winkelmann, Tyskland
Approved stallion in the Hanoverian Association and sold at the Hanoverian auction for 110,000 € to a recognized stallion station
Blue Hors Farrell - Lord Loxley - Damon Hill
Breeder: Karl-August Schulte-Varendorff, Ibbenbüren
Approved stallion in DWB and Westfalen, sold for 250.000 €, Bundeschampion for 3-y/o's and winner of Westfalen-championships for 3-y/o's
Blue Hors Farrell - Blue Hors Don Romantic - Olympic Ferro
Finalist for the title as Best 2-y/o Mare at DWB Eliteshow in 2018
Blue Hors Fabion
Blue Hors Farrell - Fidertanx - Langata Express
Breeder: Rudolf Teismann
Approved stallion in Hannoveraner Verband
Blue Hors Farrell - Blue Hors Zack
Breeder: Gitte & Poul Erik Klint
Bronze Medal Mare in DWB
Blue Hors Farrell - Blue Hors Zack
Breeder: Lene & Egon Fræhr
Chosen for the 2-year-old's finals at the DWB Elite Mare Show